Friday, October 5, 2012

3 Weeks

Yesterday, was three weeks since Tia came into our lives. I say "our" because it isn't just me taking care of her. My husband, my daughter, my Mom, Becca, Gabs, Emily and Nikki are all a huge part of this whole undertaking. There is no way I would be able to do this without any of them!

I do think she has gained some weight, but I haven't had a chance to tape her. Her worming is all done. Panacur every night since Monday. She did very well. By Wed night I started having to put her butt up against a wall to keep her from walking backwards. She is much more tolerant of a spray bottle. Tonight I showed no pity and sprayed her everywhere, not just on her mane, with Healthy Hair Care. At first she was not to happy with me. Just a bit antsy and giving me the "Mom...Come On!!" look. I picked up 3 of her 4 feet. She has some swelling in the back right leg. I couldn't get a good look at it to see what it was, but there was no heat in the leg or the hoof. She let me touch her hoof and leg but she just didn't want me picking it up. I have asked Becca to call me in the morning if she is still swollen.

I did get to take some 3 week photos. Gabs came out and hung out with me at the barn and helped take photos. I have put them together in a collage type setting to put them side by side. I can see a bit of weight from behind and her topline is starting to fill in. I know better than to put to much weight on her to fast, but a huge part of me just cant wait to not see bones when I see her!

She is super talkative and loves any and all attention. I am starting to have to really correct her on some things. Patience is apparently not a virtue to her! She feels that she should just be able to push her way through a gate, or you, to go about her way. On one hand, I am super excited that she actually has the energy and want to do something more then mope, on the other hand, I know that if I don't correct it now, it will only get worse. So I make her wait, I make her stop and face me, I don't let her pull on me and I don't let her push on me.

I have bantered on for long enough. Here are the comparison shots from 9/20 and 10/5. Tell me what you think???



You can see the swelling in the back leg in the above collage. I will update if its something funky.


No comments:

Post a Comment