Thursday, November 29, 2012

Adjustments and Thankfuls

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope that everyone got to spend some much needed time with friends, family and loved ones this year! This year, I have so many things to be thankful for. If you don't mind, I just want to take a minute before updating everyone on Tia, to just say a few words.

For as long as I can remember, my family has always been there for me. I can only hope to be as good to my family as they were/are to me. My Mom and Dad have supported me in all of my endeavors, even the ones they knew wouldn't work or last. They have provided me with a foundation for success, but I have to choose whether or not I want to build on that foundation or throw caution to the wind, and build my own. My Brother, through all of his faults, has really impressed me over the past few months. He and his girlfriend have really completed each other. It is so nice to see him so happy and comfortable with himself as a person.

My husband is really one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Exceptionally smart and unbelievably talented (even if he doesn't think he is), he surpasses every thought I ever had about who I would spend the rest of my life with. We all have our "frying pan" moments, but through everything we have been through, he has been my rock, my knight in shinning armor. I love him more everyday, even if I thought that couldn't be possible.

My daughter, Gwen, is honestly, the greatest gift of all. She is smart, funny, independent, full of spit and vinegar and total Daddy's girl. She shares both of our love for animals and has fallen head over heels in love with Tia. All she talks about is being able to ride Tia someday. (Insert super cute picture of Gwen's first horse show on Mocha man!)


My final thankful, before the Tia update (bare with me!), is for my horses. One in particular.


This, is Boomer. Registered name Bradley Osgood. Boomer was "My Heart Horse". When he passed away on November 3, 2010, I honestly thought I was done with horses. I didn't want to own another one ever. I didn't want to give lessons anymore. I didn't want to train. Even just being around horses hurt. To this day, I wonder if I will ever get over the loss of such an amazing friend and confidant. He carried many of my young students around the round pen on their first rides, around the trails on their first trail rides and around the show ring for their first shows. My daughter got to ride Boomer twice before he fell to ill to do anything more than look beautiful in his field. She was only about a year old when she sat on his back, but it is something I will never forget. My boy took great care of my little girl and for that I will be eternally grateful.

And it is because of Boomer, that I am thankful for Tia. This mare came into my life when I didn't think I was ready to love again. She has shown me that just because Boomer is gone, doesn't mean I have to fill his shoes. Tia has shown me love, and kindness, and trust...something I didn't think I could have with any horse other than Boomer. Tia has shown me that I need horses in my life. Not just giving lessons and working with other people horses, but having a horse of my own is where my heart, and my foundation, lies. I admitted to two of my students last night the real reason I have been putting off working with Tia. I am scared...to love her. I know what is going to happen after I get her trained...I will be selling her. (I have to keep repeating that to myself) I already love this mare. She reminds me a lot of my old show mare, Majic. But the reasons why I love this mare are very different. I love this mare because she loves me. I love this mare because she trusts me. I love this mare because she needs me...and I need her. I love this mare because I can. I love this mare, and I am thankful for the opportunity to know and love this mare as my own.

And now that I am sitting at my desk crying like an idiot, I will update on Tia!

I have sent in the application to have her registered with the Pinto Association of America. Registered name Thanks In Advance. I am super excited about this. It means a whole new world of possibilities for Tia!

Last night, we had April come back out for another adjustment. She is still pretty stiff in her neck, ribs and hip area, but April got her kinks out. I have also been given some exercises to do with her to get her back muscling up again and to fix the muscling in her neck. So, this weekend, the surcingle will be used!

Mia, the Fjord, got adjusted for the first time last night. Ber was done first and I got there later then expected so I didn't get pictures of Ber...but here are some of Mia.








Mia felt much better after her adjustment. We have always had some issues with Mia bending to the right, and now we know why. Poor girl had a huge knot in her neck. Should have seen her bending afterwards! Wow!

Tia had us laughing so hard last night we couldn't see straight. She has taken to doing this little squeal thing whenever you even slightly reprimand her, which is not backed up by anything..just a cute little squeal which makes us all giggle. She thinks she is being miss big bad mare...she is wrong. Well, we also found out that when we do the "Pole Pop" as Becca calls it, she squeals a little as well. We got video of it...you have to listen kinda carefully because we were laughing, but you can hear her little squeal.

Video - You Tube hates me at the moment and wont let me embed the darn thing!

Any who...Here are some pictures of her adjustment last night! Anyone in the Maryland, DC area looking for a wonderful Acupressure/Chiro for your horse, check out April Travis. She is wonderful!


 Couldn't have done this when I first brought her home!!!!



April hit a really good spot and Tia's lips were all over the place!!!!

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment