Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome to 2014

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Holiday season and a Safe and Happy New Years!

I don't have a major entry to make today, just a quick note.

Tia went on her very first trail ride since coming to live with me yesterday! Happy New Year to Us!!!!! Mocha man has gone lame..again...and since I was stuck at home working on websites and trying to make Christmas leave our house, I told Becca to call Gabs and ask her to trail ride with her. So, Becca rode Tia and Gabs rode Mia. Mia is an old pro at this whole scary trail riding thing! Nothing ever really fazes her.

The last trail ride Tia was on was with her previous owner, and the nice way of putting this is that the ride didn't go well or even remotely as planned! There was bucking, spinning, rearing, dumping of the rider and leaving for the hills! Yesterday, however, Becca and Gabs reported that Tia was AMAZING!!! No buck, no spin, no spook, no rear, nothing! Becca said her ears were up, she was happy and moving forward! Even the deer that jumped out of the woods are breakneck speed didn't scare her. She just stopped, looked at them and kept right on trucking!

I can't express how happy I am for Tia. She has truly grown into a beautiful well rounded little mare. We still have lots of work to do, but I am so looking forward to spending some time on the trails with my little mare!

1 comment: